Mission: It is In You projects are about building more equitable access to health and justice through live performances, tailored workshops and residencies, and collaborative, community-based research.
Methods: Led by Marie Garlock, It is In You events, teaching, and advocacy partnerships are dedicated to connecting people to their own bodies, exactly as they are now--a vital act for those of us who face advanced illness, social crisis, or cycles of violence.
Vision: All It is In You initiatives hope to enliven our curiosity about creativity itself--especially in unlikely places, around taboo subjects, and as led by persons living daily with health and civil rights challenges. Creativity in our stories and bodies can awaken our integrity as both political and playful; it can light up individuals' strengths and manifest in spirited collectivity.
It Is In You projects strengthen the quality and depth of community engagement for institutions, organizations, and multi-stakeholder research. In the US and globally, Marie and collaborators listen, dive deep, and collaborate to lead:
• Interactive, Skills-Based Workshop Facilitation
• Research-Based and Creative Arts Keynotes
• Curricular Design and Public Mobilization Strategies
With audiences of 50-500 for keynote productions and 8-800 for interactive curricula and tailored workshops, clients include:
• hospital systems and healthcare providers;
• universities, multi-year public arts and science grants, and institutional initiatives for community-based, participatory research;
• professional certification and continuing education trainings;
• leadership retreats for foundations, businesses, nonprofits, civil society organizations